Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Fresh Start

I need a fresh start. Being a mommy is no joke! I thought it would be hard for me and it is. There are parts about being a mom that I love and totally didn't expect, but the sleep deprivation is killing me! I've always been a person who required a minimum of eight hours to function properly. Violet woke every 3-4 hours until she was two months. Then she averaged about six hours a night until 6 1/2 months. I'm not sure why she suddenly started sleeping less, but there are too many factors that could be the cause. She now goes anywhere from 2-4 hours on average.
We had a good week of 12 hour sleeps with 2 dreamfeeds last week! We both were so much happier and I even entertained having more than one child in this lifetime! lol We are now back to 3-4 hours. I dread nights. :(

Since I haven't really gotten any good, quality sleep, I have been lax on blogging. I think it is a combination of being on Facebook all the time and not having spare time. FB allows for quick, short updates and I feel like I need to write a big, long post for my blog. Thus my poor blog being avoided. So, today I start anew. I plan to write short, photo posts and will try to keep up!

In addition to my renewed interest, I have transferred my blog from http://lishaslifelovemarriage.blogspot.com/ to this one. I constantly had to sign out to get to my old blog and sign back in to get to my emails. So I'm trying to simplify by starting a new blog with my current email. I'm trying to have a custom design done for this blog too. Hopefully, it will look fabulous soon! So please add http://livinglishaslife.blogspot.com/ to your bookmarks & feeds and follow me on my journey to document this wonderful, trying, lovely life!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you are doing well after all that! Your baby is darling!

    Did the doctors ever diagnose what happened and why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was equivalent to a failed stress test. It was eclampsia and that is spiked blood pressure and seizures. It comes up quickly and goes away after baby is born. :)

      Delete