Friday, December 9, 2011

Week 26

Dear Baby,

This week I felt you kick on the outside for the first time! You kicked so hard, you kept bumping my laptop. :) It was pretty amusing. So far, you like to be up from midnight to 3am ish. You move around the most during that time. It's cool, because I  love to stay up at night as long as you let me sleep most of the morning. ;)

I've been working on your crib this week. I got it all sanded and primed now. I hope to paint it soon. Sanding a crib is a major pain in the butt! It had a really thick lacquer on it, so it had to be sanded before priming. I liked doing the primer, though. It was good practice at not letting the paint drip among the slats. I hope it comes out beautifully, because I have put a lot of hard work and love into it. :)

I didn't want to ruin my good maternity clothes with paint, so I squeezed into my pajamas to do this project. Because I looked like this most of the week, this is the pic you get. I'm totally bumming it! ;)






It's a good thing I wore the pj's. A piece of the crib I was priming slipped out of my hand and landed in the small plastic paint tray. Paint splashed everywhere! Including on poor Melbourne who was sitting beside me. It was a miracle it missed my glasses, but it got Melbourne all over his face. I wish I had time to get a pic, but I wanted to wipe off as much of it as I could before it dried in his fur. He has a small spot or two that didn't quite make it unscathed, but overall he cleaned up well. I'll bet he won't want to sit beside me the next time I go to paint!
It's been an exciting week. I hope you will kick hard enough to feel from the outside again when your daddy gets home from Virginia. I can't wait to share with him!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment